Pug 7 Survey Meter with Slow
- PNS-20 Slow Neutron Scintillation Probe
- 60 cpm per
- Four Ranges
- Audio / Adjustable Speaker
- 3-1/2'' High visibility protected meter
The PUG-7 utilizes continuously adjustable regulated high
voltage supply 1500V delivering a one
millivolt or above pulse. An adjustable discriminator allows full control over
system sensitivity. The pulse input is zener diode protected so that probes may
be interchanged without shutting off instrument. The meter face on the PUG instrument displays in CPM for neutron detection. The shell of the instrument is smoothly finished, attractive baked enamel over
aluminum case. The cover is machined, black anodized aluminum with white highly
visible markings. The meter with a 3-1/2'' scale length presents four ranges.
0-500; 5,000; 50,000; 500,000 counts per minute, plus battery check marking.
- Indicators: Panel meter: 0-500 cpm (times range switch multiplier),
0-1,500 volts Battery condition: Flashing
Red LED and Audible Sonalert. Proportional to count rate.
- Ranges: 0-500; 5,000; 50,000; 500,000 cpm (opt 0-5 cps) plus mR, uR
or R/h (optionally SI units) overlay, depending on probe.
- Probe Connector: BNC (optionally MHV) low noise Teflon insulated.
- Battery: 9 volt transistor battery EverReady 1222 or equivalent
(150-300 hours typical life).
- Dimensions: 3-1/4'' H, 4-1/4'' W, 7-1/4'' long excluding probe
holder and handle.
- Weight: 2 lbs. 4 oz. Shipping weight 5 lbs.
- Probe: PNS-20 Slow Neutron Scintillation Probe. Thermal neutrons are detected
by means of the boron n-alpha reaction. Probe delivers approximately 60 cpm per
neutron/cm2/second and requires a 900 volt supply. The probe is 8''
long x 2'' in diameter. It is completely insensitive to gammas in fields below
10R/hr. To measure fast neutrons, use the PNS-19 probe.
Pug 7 Survey Meter with the Model PNS-20 Slow Neutron Detector.................(Order Online)
Open 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
Follow us on twitter and youtube.
Check out our instrument demos.