Model TBM-28 FLOOR CONTAMINATION MONITOR
Model # TBM-28 & 28/4, Model # TBM-28-15
The Model TBM-28 Survey Meter includes a separable, small,
three-range ratemeter with a 1.2 meter wand supporting an external pancake GM
detector. The scale reads in counts per minute. The thin pancake wide face GM detector at
end of long arm is recessed and protected by sturdy aluminum grill. The Model
TBM-28 will detect alpha, beta and gamma radiation. An anti-saturation circuit will not fall below
scale in high fields. The survey meter was tested to 100 R/hr. Sonalert with volume control
audible rate indication.
This meter allows expanded reach to monitor floor or ceiling or
pipes or windows - reaches into corners. It's small size, light weight,
separable probe and large detector area makes this a very useful monitor.
Optional P-15 pancake probe (included with Model TBM-28-15) with
short handle allows checking of hands, clothes, desktop etc..
- 1.2 METER REACH
- SWIVEL HEAD
- WHEELS FOR FLOOR USE
- ONE HAND OPERATION
- DETACHABLE GOLF CLUB PROBE
- BUILT-IN SONALERT WITH VOLUME CONTROL
- ANTI-SATURATION CIRCUIT
Figure 1: TBM-28 PROBE - 1GM
- Meter: Rugged Recessed Glass Face 2-1/2'' meter.
- Ranges: 3 Linear Ranges 0-50; 5000; 50,000 cpm.
- Switch Position: Off, Battery Test, X100, X10, X1.
- Audio: Loud Sonalert with Volume Control.
TBM-28 consists of TBM electronics and the P-28 long arm GM tube
Probe. Window Diameter: 1-3/4''; 4.5cm. Thickness: 1.5 to 2 mg/cm2.
Probe Area 16 cm2 for fast monitoring. Thin profile of tube: 13mm
gives low background: typical 50 cpm.
TBM-28-15 comes with 2 probes: long handle P-28 and short handle
- Window Efficiency: 100% for all betas and alphas that have
sufficient energy to penetrate the thin window.
- Overall Efficiency Greater than 30% for Sr/Y-90.
- Calibration: Single master calibration pot plus individual cal pots
for each scale. Pots are adjustable without opening case.
- Power: 9 volt nominal ``transistor'' battery; Eveready 1222 or
Eveready E146X or equivalent.
- Battery Life: 100 hours in normal operation.
- Physical Dimensions: 3'' x 44'' x 5''(TBM-28); 8cm x 112cm x 13cm.
- Weight: Electronics: 22 oz.
Total: including long arm probe 48 oz.; 1.3 kg for TBM-28 and 56oz;
1.5kg for the TBM-28-15.
|Model TBM-28 Survey Meter
|Model 28-4D Digital Survey
|Model TBM-28/4 Survey Meter
|Model TBM 28/4-15Survey Meter
|Model TBM-28-15 Survey Meter
Open 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time