ION CHAMBER AREA MONITOR
Model # FIL-7DP
- ON-LINE REAL-TIME MONITORING
- ALL PLUG-IN MODULAR
- RACK MOUNTING OR CASE
- SINGLE OR MULTI-CHANNEL
- ION CHAMBER FOR EXCELLENT
- LOCAL OR REMOTE MONITORING
(UP TO 500 FT. CABLE OPTIONAL)
- HIGH LEVEL ALARM, SOLID STATE,
- RS-232 OUTPUT FOR PRINTER OR PC
AND REMOTE DISPLAY OUTPUTS
- MICROPROCESSOR BASED DATA
MEASUREMENT AND DISPLAY
APPLICATION: Area monitor in and around nuclear reactors, hot cells,
irradiators and other facilities handling radioactive materials or X-rays.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The FIL-7 Series Radiation Monitors
incorporate a digital alarm ratemeter, power supply, alarm, electrometer and
reliable ion chamber. Because of the plug-in modular construction,
additional channels or functions can be added. Ion Chamber and circuit
design prevent the system readings from falling even in very high fields.
Front panel controls allow the alarm set point to be displayed. Alarm
activation produces flashing red light on front panel and piercing
intermittent 2000Hz tone. Optional relay is also closed (or opened)
for activation of remote alarms. Stand-by battery power is optional
Rack or case is supplied.
Figure 1: FIL-7DP (top), Detector IC-1 (bottom)
- Range: FIL-7DP:
0.1 - 10,000 mR/h (5 decades) is standard.
Optional range systems offer any 3 or 5 consecutive decades from
0.1 mR/h to 106 R/h.
- Accuracy: ±10% of decade
- Detector: Air equivalent ion chamber. Standard systems use Model
IC-2 (for gamma) or Model IC-1 (for beta-gamma). Both models have
graphite lined phenolic walls and an active free air volume of 2 liters.
Optional high range systems use smaller chambers. Detector is supplied
with 8 ft. cable (up to 500 ft. of cable can be supplied as an option).
- Detector Response:
Gamma Energy: IC-1 is sensitive down to 2 KeV; energy
independent (±15%) 4 KeV to 6 MeV. IC-2
is sensitive down to 10 KeV; energy independent (±0 KeV to 7 MeV.
Beta Energy: Sensitive down to 0.15 MeV; energy independent
(±25%) 0.4 MeV to 7 MeV (IC-1 only).
- Temperature: Operating range between -30°C and 65°C; drift less
than -0.4% per °C at room temperature. 0-95% humidity non-condensing.
- Data Processing:
High resolution charge to pulse electronics - Analog to Digital.
Accurate internal timer.
- Readout: Large, easy to read Roentgen or Sievert display. User
- Front Panel Controls: Alarm Level Set, Display Alarm Set Point,
Alarm Reset Pushbutton Power On-Off, Switch
- Alarms: Alarm level is adjustable over entire range. Alarm
indicators include flashing red light and beeper.
- Power: 105-125 V (or 200-240 V), 50-60 Hz. Optional 12 Volt
operation. Optional standby batteries, normally under continuous charge,
automatically provide power for one week in event of AC power failure.
- Mounting: Electronics are normally furnished in FM-5 case but can
be furnished uncased with mounting bars for rack or Nema 4 (hostile
;Multiple channel systems.
Solenoid activated check source for system calibration.
Remote meter readout with alarm.
Analog output for chart recorder - model FIL-7DPA
Cable to 500 feet.