This model is discontinued. Please see our latest model, the PTG-9RN.
The PTG-7RN Radon Monitor is a sensitive, rugged, portable instrument
for detection and measurement of airborne radon. The subtractive balanced chamber electro - meter circuit
decreases background effects to negligible levels and its de-ionized and
filtered intake reduces spurious effects from smoke,
dust and existing ionization in the air to negligible levels. Inlet and outlet hoses allow
monitoring interiors of fume hoods, exhaust stacks, etc. The PTG-7RN will
measure airborne radon as free radon gas (with or without Radon Daughters at
users option) as low as 1 Bq/m3.
All instruments are calibrated at the factory. Calibration check may be
performed in the field with a micro Curie level beta-gamma source. Chambers
may be switched to additive operation to check linearity of response on a
gamma calibration range. User friendly calibration controls are provided.
Figure 1: Portable PTG-7RN Radon Detector; top view,
inside view, side view
- 5 x 10-11 ÁCi/cc (2 Bq/m3) in 1 hour
- 2 x 10-9 ÁCi/cc (74 Bq/m3) in 1 min
- 3 x 10-8 ÁCi/cc (1000 Bq/m3) in 5 sec
- USER SETTABLE UNITS - PicoCi/ml or Bq/m3 etc.
- OR TOTAL DAILY DOSE IN milliCuries or MBq etc.
- WIDE RANGE - DIGITAL ACCURACY
- PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL READOUT
- SENSITIVE FOR OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE
- DYNAMIC BACKGROUND COMPENSATION
- CAN ACTUATE OPTIONAL DIGITAL PRINTER
- BATTERY OPERATION
- BUILT-IN HIGH LEVEL ALARM
- BUILT-IN LOW FLOW ALARM
- BUILT-IN RS-232 COMPUTER INTERFACE
- USE WITH PORTABLE PC AS 1 YEAR DATA BUFFER
Model # PTG-7RN Portable Radon Monitor
- Ranges: Large, easy to read digital LED readout. Two ranges cover
six decades: 2 x 10-9 to 2.0 x 10-3 ÁCi/cc (74 Bq/ml to
- Background: Essentially eliminated by subtractive balanced
- Smoke, Dust and Ion Elimination: Filter and deionizer reduce effects to negligible
- Circuit: Electrometer circuit amplifies net difference between a
two liter radon internal chamber and a sealed background chamber of similar
- Alarms: Low Air Flow and Alarm High Level Alarm: Red Lamps and
- Controls: Front Panel Off-On range switch calibrate switch. Alarm
set button, alarm reset button.
- Calibration: Can calibrate internally with radon gas, or on a
calibration course, or (at a single point) with optional beta-gamma source.
- Printer: DB-9 Plug is furnished for optional external serial
- Computer Port: RS-232 serial port is built in (fully addressable).
- Portability: PTG-7RN is provided with carrying handle and
optionally with loops for shoulder sling.
- Case: Deep drawn aluminum case, with handle and gasketed lid,
easily clean-able anodized finish.
- Dimensions: (Including handle) 9''W x 16''L x 14-1/2'' Tall.
- Front Panel: 15-1/4'' Long x 8-1/4'' Wide.
- Battery: 12V 7 A/hr rechargeable sealed. Panasonic LCR12V1 BPN or
- Battery Life: 20 hours between changes. Battery charger is
- Weight: 18 lbs. Shipping weight 26 lbs.
- ACCESSORIES and OPTIONS:
RAL-3A: Remote Alarm (audible & visual) Model #RAL-3A (including 25
ft. of cable). Can be used to 500 ft.
iServe-7: Built-in internet / Ethernet server.
HTR-7: Heated Ion Chambers
WIN-W: Win-Wedge data logging software for users portable PC.
MPM-40DT: Serial Printer with date and time stamp.
Case: 19'' rack mount type.
PTG-7LRN-BAT: Battery Back-up (PTG-7LRN)
|Model PTG-7RN Radon
Open 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
Follow us on twitter and youtube.
Check out our instrument demos.